Rising Stars – Oliver!
The award-winning musical adaptation of the classic Dickens’ novel springs to life with some of the most memorable characters and song ever to hit the stage.
Consider yourself at home with Lionel Bart’s classic musical based on Charles Dickens’ novel, Oliver Twist. The Tony and Olivier Award-winning show is one of the few musicals to win an Academy Award for Best Picture and is widely hailed as a true theatrical masterpiece by actors and audience members alike.
The streets of Victorian England come to life as Oliver, a malnourished orphan in a workhouse, becomes the neglected apprentice of an undertaker. Oliver escapes to London and finds acceptance amongst a group of petty thieves and pickpockets led by the elderly Fagin. When Oliver is captured for a theft that he did not commit, the benevolent victim, Mr. Brownlow takes him in. Fearing the safety of his hideout, Fagin employs the sinister Bill Sikes and the sympathetic Nancy to kidnap him back, threatening Oliver’s chances of discovering the true love of a family.
Oliver! is a musical theatre masterpiece, perfectly showcasing the talents of a large ensemble cast as they bring these classic characters and score to life.
Go to https://www.mtishows.com/oliver, then click on Audition Central. Each character has a breakdown and songs to prepare.
- Auditions: Wednesday, 2/14 (4:00pm – 8:00pm) and Friday, 2/16 (4:00pm – 8:00pm)
- Rehearsals begin Wednesday, 2/28 (4:00pm – 6:30pm)
- Regular rehearsals are every Wednesday from 4:00pm – 6:30pm, and some Fridays 4:00pm – 6:00pm (varies, depending on cast member)
- Mandatory Tech Week: Monday-Thursday: June 4-7, 2018 from 4:00pm – 9:15pm
- 4 Performances
- Friday, June 8, 2018 @ 7:30pm
- Saturday, June 9, 2018 @ 2:00pm and 7:30pm
- Sunday, June 10, 2018 @ 2:00pm